Jon's Tiger Avon Build

Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 1 of the build - Panel Fitting



Sunday 16th September 2007

Here we go.... All the hours I have spent planning and dreaming about building a kitcar with my own hands has now become a reality!

I made space in my garage to walk round the chassis and started on the first panel. I thought the panels were cut to size, but they were oversize so alot of trimming was required. Shame really and I only possess hand tools like shears and a guillotine cuts perfectly. Oh well back to my bench fitting skills!

I drilled the zillion holes with a pilot drill (1.5mm) then with the 3.5mm drill bit. I filed the panel and de-burred the holes, applied black polyurethane sealant and pop riveted the panel on. It was perfect, but damn that took some effort! Good feeling though.

The poly sealant oozed through the rivet holes which is good. I need to buy some more clamps though - I need at least 6 more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home