Jon's Tiger Avon Build

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 8 - Still fitting the Suspension





Sunday 30th September 2007

This flippin' car is stressing me out today. I have modified the poly bushes and they fit perfectly. The supplied bolts need replacing as they are too short for safety reasons.
I have found that the tolerances on one of the front lower wishbones is just beyond a joke. The wishbone if 4mm out on one of the tubes so it won't fit on the mounting bracket. I measured the brackets on both sides and they are nominally the same. The other front lower wishbones fits fine and measures 4mm wider at the centres than the other one!! This is going back to Tiger Racing.
I have now found another problem with one of the rear top wishbones. FOR GAWD'S SAKE, the outer polybush tubes is wonky! One of the tubes is fine, being parallel to the rear mounts, but the other tube is out by 15-20 degrees. I have the hump now as you don't expect these kind of problems after paying £7k for a kit. This is just 3/4 of a car, not a full kit!!
This is upsetting me and wasting my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home