Jon's Tiger Avon Build

Friday, November 9, 2007

The New Wishbones Arrive!!



Friday 9th November 2007
The faulty wishbones arrived back today all straightened and ready to fit. I moaned about not having a build manual ("How To Build Your Own Tiger Avon" book by Jim Dudley) so Tiger Racing sent me one of their last books, written by the M.D. This book is interesting, descriptive, useful and has all the technical drawings for the chassis and wishbones. It is a great reference. For some reason they sent me another throttle pedal! I only asked a question about the pedal being close to the chassis. I was told to bend the pedal to the left to keep it away from the chassis so they sent me another pedal!! Strange! The picture above shows the front lower wishbone and the smaller rear top wishbone. The wishbones have the yellow polybushes fitted, except on the outer rear tubes where the top and bottom rear wishbones use steel/rubber press-fit bushes. Tiger Racing also sent me some more of these bushes as I didn't have enough. Funny lot! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home