Jon's Tiger Avon Build

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Refurbished Rear Calipers Arrive!!

Thursday 8th November 2007

YIPPEEE!! I have finally had my rear calipers delivered and they look super-cool! I am happy that I spent a few more quid and got them silver plated. Not actually silver plated but electroplated in bright nickel after beed-blasting, etching and cleaning. A new set of seals and pistons are used and all of the bolts and handbrake mechanism have been cad plated in gold too. Also had the carriers plated too to match, but had to return one of them as the plating was a bit ropey around the slider pin locating hole (even though the other one was perfect). Apart from that minor hiccup I am very happy with Bigg Red so check out their website - http://www.biggred.co.uk/

Check out the blog for Day 20 - Fitting Driveshafts & Rear Calipers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home