Jon's Tiger Avon Build

Saturday, January 5, 2008

05.01.08 Delivery of the Kit Car





Saturday 5th January 2008

The kit car was brought back with all of the modifications done FOC. The steering rack was "replaced with a new one" according to the M.D., but was cut/rewelded/painted over with gold paint. This is fine though. The brake cylinder plate was "a design over-view" according to the M.D., and was bent at one end to suit the Avon and bolted into position. This looks strong, so that's good. The rear flexi brake pipes were changed over to the suitable 'metal tubed end' type and were changed FOC too so that is great. Shame they drilled the brackets for them in the wrong place though - I can't use them as the nuts don't do up (see picture)! The radiator brackets have changed shape slightly but the rad is still in the same position. What is needed here are new brackets to match the shape of the aluminium rad (2" wide rad). I put the ally rad into position and the brackets only just hold the rad. I hope it doesn't pop out with the vibrations (piccy to be added soon). I drilled two holes in the wrong place at the back of the car so Tiger welded two small plates over them for me. Thanks Tiger.
Tiger have looked at the rear suspension and have confirmed that the setup on my Avon is 'as designed' and there is no problem. I explained that the rear shocks should not be bent over slightly to fit in to the brackets, but they assured me that was the design. I will leave it there then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home