Jon's Tiger Avon Build

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 21 - Painting the Fuel Tank & Setting up the Radiator






Saturday 24th November 2007

The fuel tank had some minor surface rust so this was treated with Jenolite then primed with Zinc-182. The rusted areas were where the welds are, so thats the only places I applied the zinc-182. The rest of the tank was keyed with wire wool before primed with red oxide primer. I found an old can of silver wheel paint so I sprayed the whole tank in silver to build up the coats. I was going to spray the tank black but I am running short of black and I'll need them for other bits that need painting. The bottom 1" of the tank had stone chip sprayed on then a final coat of silver paint to finish off. That will be fine - no one sees it anyway!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home